· We practice our basic math facts through a program called Rocket Math. Math facts should be practiced nightly. These facts are essential for the entire year. Flash cards are a great way to review.
· We will be using the 4th Edition of Everyday Math this year. We will complete units 1 and 2 in the first trimester. We will focus on area, volume, standard multiplication of multi digit numbers, and long division.
· We have daily math homework called Home Links.· Students will receive a log in and password for ConnectEd to access our Math materials online (and games!). Please encourage your child to explore the website!
· We will be using our reading program, Reading Street, to learn about overcoming challenges in Unit 1. We will also use this program to learn conventions, spelling, and writing.
· Spelling tests include correct use of spelling patterns and high frequency words. Proper conventions are expected in the dictation section.
· Please encourage your child to read each night!Science· We will begin the school year with a unit about mixtures and solutions.