To promote a positive environment, where each child grows academically, as well as socially, the following rules, rewards, and consequences have been established:
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Respect yourself, others and the school.
3. Come to class prepared.
Appropriate behavior will be rewarded as follows:
1. Frequent positive comments/feedback
2. Small rewards (stickers, added privileges)
3. Happy notes and/or calls home
4. Whole class rewards (extra recess, movie time, etc...)
5. Tickets distributed daily (see below)* Tickets will be distributed for displaying appropriate behavior, completing homework, having assignment book signed and at other times as determined by Mrs. Wood.* The children will use their tickets to "purchase" items from our class store approximately twice a month.* We will hold our last store in early spring, and then tickets will be saved for use at our end-of-the-year auction.
(NOTE: Adjustments may need to be made as the year progresses. Donations of small items for our store, such as erasers, bookmarks, small toys, pencils, gently used books, and other small rewards would be greatly appreciated.)
If a child chooses to break a rule, the following consequences will occur:
1. Verbal warning
2. Loss of tickets
3. Note home to parents - to be signed by a parent and returned the following school day4. Call to parents
5. Severe inappropriate behavior will immediately result in a visit with the principal.