The student’s final grade will be based upon the following assessments:
- Final Exam (worth 11% of your final grade)
- Chapter Tests
- Textbook assignments (graded every chapter)
- Homework (graded, as assigned)
· If you are absent for any reason, you are responsible for making up any missed work.
· Tests, quizzes and homework must be made up within one week of an excused absence. Check with the teacher personally for details upon your return.
· All classroom and homework assignments are posted on my website at www.hershey.k12.pa.usAssistance: Ask for help: If you don’t understand something, let me know immediately and I will do whatever I can to explain it better. I am available in my classroom during 1st and 2nd Periods. I am also available after school Tuesdays and Thursdays to provide additional help, when necessary. Contact me to set up a time.
- Notebook (3-ring binder, so that pages can be added, removed and replaced.)
- Graphing Calculator (TI-83 or its equivalent) is required for this course.
Top – 5 Classroom Rules:
- Be punctual: Seated and ready for class when the bell rings
- Be prepared: Do your homework!
- Be respectful: Of the teacher and each other
- Be Honorable: Don’t Lie, Don’t Cheat, Don’t Steal
- Accept responsibility
Top – 5 Excuses that NEVER work:
- I can multi-task
- Other people were doing it too
- He / she made me do it
- Why are you picking on me?
I know I was talking while you were teaching, but I was talking about math.
Also: When are we ever going to use this in life?
Phone: (717) 531-2244, Ext 1242
Course webpage: located on the Derry Township Homepage (http://www.hershey.k12.pa.us)