Hershey High School
Students have the opportunity to qualify for a Regional Employability Certificate in this internship program if they meet the following criteria for one year prior to their internship:
- Character--the student must have no history of repeated discipline problems and must exhibit the ability to work well with others
- Attendance--The student must demonstrate responsible attendance; a maximum of 10 nonconsecutive days absent during the school year. Extended absences will be excused by a doctor's note.
- Academic Achievement--The student must achieve a 70 percent current GPA and no failing classes
- Educator Evaluation Forms--The student must obtain two favorable evaluation forms completed by educators
How will it Benefit the the Employer?
- Declares the student has received an initial screening within his/her school and should be strongly considered for an interview.
- Indicates the student is a promising employee who is reliable, dependable and capable of being an effective team player.
How will it Benefit the Student?
- Will be strongly considered for an interview as a result of earning the Certificate
- Will be considered as having additional skills by local employers during the job application process
- Will develop stronger critical workplace skills while in school and on the job
- Will be better prepared to market themselves in the future, during postsecondary education and training and in the workforce
- Will have a better understanding of what employers expect and why they expect it.