Holiday Concert (fifth grade orchestra/ chamber strings only)
Monday, December 16, 2013
Holiday Music Assembly (fifth grade orchestra/ chamber strings only)
This even is held during the school day. Our fifth grade ensembles perform for the other students in the elementary school and the early childhood center. This is not a parent event.
Spring Concert (fourth, fifth, and chamber strings)
Monday, April 28, 2014
- All elementary concerts start at 7:00 p.m.
- All elementary music concerts are held in the Hershey High School auditorium. Enter through the auditorium entrance.
- Report time for fifth grade will always be 6:00 p.m.
- Report time for fourth grade (spring concert only) will be 6:20 p.m.
- Dress rehearsals (not for dressing up) are usually held on the same day as the concert, during the school day. We store instruments in the auditorium after the dress rehearsal.
- All home cello/basses must come to school for dress rehearsals.
The doors to the auditorium will open at 6:40 p.m. We do have to warm-up on stage and appreciate your patience during the time of 6:00-6:40 p.m. Parents are welcome to have a seat in the cafeteria or to stand in the hallway. You may also drop off your child and return closer to the time of the concert. We thank you for your patience in allowing our children a quiet warm-up environment.
There is no fee for attending our elementary music concerts.
Students should wear black and white dress clothing for all orchestra concerts. No spaghetti strap tops, no short skirts. All skirts must cover the knees when sitting. Any combination of black and white clothing is appropriate. Concerts are formal events so please avoid wearing sweatpants and sneakers if possible. If sneakers must be worn, please ensure that they are clean.
All student cases are stored in the high school cafeteria. When packing up to go home, please check your child's area to ensure that they haven't forgotten any of their belongings.
Our chamber strings ensemble may perform in other events not listed on this page. Mrs. Miller will send home information and will also contact parents via email when these events arise.