Volunteer Certifications: PA Criminal Record Check
√ Volunteer Registration Form
√ PA Child Abuse History Certification
√ PA State Police Criminal Record Check
√ FBI Federal Criminal History Check
√ Mandated Reporter Training Certification
√ Tuberculosis ScreeningThe Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check can be done either online or by mail. The online results are available almost immediately, while if you choose to mail the form, it could take up to 8 weeks for the results to be returned to you.
• Complete the process online. Once on the site, click on “Submit a New Record Check” and follow the instructions. Please select “Volunteer” as the Reason for Request. At the end of the process, you will need to print the certification form. If you do not print or save the certification form the state will require you to submit a new request and charge you an additional processing fee of $10.00.
• If you choose the mail-in process, click Criminal Background Check Form and print out the form. You must submit the completed form to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the results will be mailed to your home.
• If you have your Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check from another organization that was obtained less than one year from the current date, you may submit this document in lieu of completing a new application (provided the reason for the request indicated “Education or volunteer”).
• In addition, the Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check is only valid for 5 years (60 months) from the date issued. In order to continue to volunteer in the District, you must renew your Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check every three years from the date of issue.
• If you have questions about the Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Checks form (SP4 164), please call: (717) 783-9973 or toll free 1-888-783-7972.
Submitting Your CertificationsPlease submit all of the required documents to:
Derry Township School District
30 East Granada Avenue
Hershey PA 17033
Attention: Angie Cooney