The Pennsylvania Department of Education has notified school districts across the state that the Commonwealth’s contracted fingerprint services provider (Cogent) will no longer be operating after Saturday, November 18. There will then be a freeze on background certifications until a new fingerprint services contractor assumes operations on November 28. Individuals interested in obtaining the clearances needed for DTSD volunteers should contact the District Office at 717-534-2501 by noon Friday, November 17 if they would like to have their fingerprints scanned here. After that time, individuals will need to utilize centers operated by the new state-contracted provider (MorphoTrust). Those center locations have not been announced at this time.
Volunteer Certifications: FBI Criminal History Record
√ Volunteer Registration Form
√ PA Child Abuse History Certification
√ PA State Police Criminal Record Check
√ FBI Federal Criminal History Check
√ Mandated Reporter Training Certification
√ Tuberculosis ScreeningThe FBI Federal Criminal History Record requires individuals have fingerprints taken digitally at a registered fingerprinting site. However, before your fingerprints can be taken you must first register for the process.
• This can be done by registering online at the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Cogent site or by phone at 1 (888) 439-2486 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM). There is a $24.25 fee for this clearance. Please note, there is an optional $2.50 charge to receive an unofficial copy mailed to your home.
• Payment may be made online at the time of registration using a debit or credit card. Payment may also be made with a Money Order or Cashier’s Check at the fingerprint location. Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks must be made out to COGENT SYSTEMS.
• Once you have registered, proceed to an approved fingerprinting site to be digitally fingerprinted. A list of approved locations is listed below.
• You will receive a Registration Number. This number must be provided to the Human Resources office so your results can be retrieved.
• If you have your FBI Federal Criminal History Record from another organization that was obtained less than one year from the current date, you may submit this document in lieu of completing a new application (provided the reason for the request indicated PDE and not a different agency).
• In addition, the FBI Federal Criminal History Record is only valid for 5 years (60 months) from the date issued. In order to continue to volunteer in the District, you must renew your Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check every three years from the date of issue.
Cogent Fingerprint Locations
Dauphin County Cumberland County Lebanon County Lancaster CountyDerry Twp. School Dist.30 E. Granada Ave.Hershey, PA 17033717-534-25014900 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
717-731-0555Lancaster Lebanon IU 13
1 Cumberland Street
Lebanon, PA 17402
717-450-15001390 Columbia Ave.Lancaster, PA 17603717-299-9269Rapid Test Center
900 Eisenhower BlvdSte CHarrisburg, PA 17111
RThe UPS Store #2878
950 Walnut Bottom Road
Carlisle, PA 17015
1715 Grace Ave.
Lebanon, PA 17046
717-865-6650The UPS Store #3230
108F N Reading Road
Ephrata, PA 17522
Submitting Your CertificationsPlease submit all of the required documents to:
Derry Township School District
30 East Granada Avenue
Hershey PA 17033
Attention: Angie Cooney