Jordan Bartal, M.S., LAT, ATCAssistant Athletic TrainerDerry Township School DistrictHershey Middle SchoolCell: 610 301-2208Work: 717 531-2244Facts About Certified Athletic Trainers:
- Medical professionals who are experts in injury prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, particularly in the orthopedic and musculoskeletal diciplines.
- Have at least a bachelor's degree in athletic training, which is an allied health profession.
- Must pass a national certification exam before earning the ATC credential
- Must keep their skills current by participating in continuing education
- ATC's work under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Licensed under PA State Board of Medicine
- ATC's collaborate with physicians to optimize activity and participation of athlete
Athletic Trainers are available after school to provide:
- Assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries in athletes as well as first aid, treatment and proper referrals when appropriate.
- Physical rehabilitation services.
- Management of emergency situations which may arise during athletic practices and events.
- Coordination of care with primary Care Physicians, Orthopedic Physicians and Physical Therapist.