Curriculum Resources For Parents
The partnership between parents, schools and the community is a crucial component in helping all students become successful, contributing members of society. As a school, we are continually looking for ways to assist parents in their role as their child’s primary teacher. The resources on this page are provided as tools for parents and community members. Please check back frequently as items will be added on a regular basis.
If you have any questions or comments, please email Joe McFarland, Assistant to the Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
• Commonsense Media A free resource related to bullying/cyberbullying and digital citizenship.
• NetSmart This is a website where parents can “ask an expert” any question about stuff your kids are doing but you may not understand.
• YouTube Facebook Seems like everyone is on Facebook. Here’s a video with tips for parents.
• WebWiseKids Some good tips for parents on topics that you can talk about with your child.
• WiredKids A list of quick tips for parents. An easy read with good advice.
• FBI The FBI has an open letter to parents here, along with some safety tips.
• AThinLine MTV developed this web page which provides a video and some good insight for middle school and high school students experiences with technology.
• OnGuardOnline This is printable booklet for parents about Internet Safety. It is from a website that the Federal Trade Commission maintains.
• BeNetSavvy The content of this website is updated from time to time. Topics are nicely arranged and easy to read for parents.
• InternetSafety101 A website that provides videos and information for parents on the latest about internet safety
• Cyberbullying Research Center - Provides information on the ways adolescents use and misuse technology, resources on case law focusing on free speech issues, and guidelines for preventing and responding to cyberbullying incidents. • Cybercivility - Information on the cybercivility task force's work, and safety tips.
21st Century Learning Skills
Hershey Middle School Parent Center