Enrolling In Derry Township School District
New Entrant Registration
New student enrollment is conducted at the District Office. Parents and/or guardians desiring to register students for the upcoming school year may do so beginning the first business day AFTER May 20. Contact the district office via phone at (717) 534-2501.
Parents and/or guardians looking to enroll students for the current school year should begin the process by contacting the district office via phone at (717) 534-2501 to obtain a registration packet and instructions.
After completing all the documents for registration, please call (717) 534-2501 in order to schedule an appointment to register your child. Registration appointments during the school year are available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer registration hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. All new registrations will be processed at the District Office (30 East Granada Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033.)
Finalized registrations will be conducted only through a prescheduled appointment. The parent/guardian of record must be the individual registering a new student and must conduct the registration in person. Parents/legal guardians will be required to sign an affidavit stating that they are the primary custodial parent(s)/guardian(s), or legally appointed guardian of the student and that they are indeed a resident of the Derry Township School District.
The Early Childhood Center (ECC) is home to all of our district kindergarten classes. In order to enroll for kindergarten a child must turn 5 years of age prior to the first day of September.
Specific dates and the procedures for kindergarten registration are announced annually.
The following documents are required for the processing of a new student enrollment and should be presented at the time of the enrollment appointment:
• Completed district registration forms
• Official Birth Certificate of the student
• Immunization Records (Available from your child’s physician or current school)
• Proof of Residency in the Derry Township School District (Lease, Deed, Mortgage settlement sheet, Signed sales agreement, recent tax receipt)
• Parent/Legal Guardian photo identification (Driver’s License, non-drivers identification, passport, military identification)
• Report Card/Transfer Card/Transcript
• Name and address of previous school
• If appropriate to your child: most recent IEP, Agency letter of placement, or Court Order (Proof of Guardianship)