Enrolling In Derry Township School District
New Entrant Registration
New student enrollment is conducted at the District Office. Parents and/or guardians desiring to register students for the upcoming school year may do so beginning the first business day AFTER May 20. Contact the district office via phone at (717) 534-2501
Parents and/or guardians looking to enroll students for the current school year should begin the process by contacting the district office via phone at (717) 534-2501 to obtain a registration packet and instructions.
After completing all the documents for registration, please call (717) 534-2501 in order to schedule an appointment to register your child. Registration appointments during the school year are available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer registration hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. All new registrations will be processed at the District Office (30 East Granada Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033.)
Finalized registrations will be conducted only through a prescheduled appointment. The parent/guardian of record must be the individual registering a new student and must conduct the registration in person. Parents/legal guardians will be required to sign an affidavit stating that they are the primary custodial parent(s)/guardian(s), or legally appointed guardian of the student and that they are indeed a resident of the Derry Township School District.
Kindergarten Registration The Early Childhood Center (ECC) is home to all of our district kindergarten classes. In order to enroll for kindergarten a child must turn 5 years of age prior to the first day of September. Kindergarten registration for a new school year is conducted at the ECC in February. Specific dates and the procedures for kindergarten registration are announced annually.
Any time after May 20, kindergarten registrations for the upcoming school year are conducted at the Derry Township School District’s District Office. Individuals should contact (717) 534-2501 to schedule an appointment at the office, located at 30 East Granada Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033. New kindergarten enrollments are not accepted after the first two weeks of a school year.
The following documents are required for the processing of a new student enrollment and should be presented at the time of the enrollment appointment:
• Completed district registration forms
• Official Birth Certificate of the student
• Immunization Records (Available from your child’s physician or current school)
• Proof of Residency in the Derry Township School District (Lease, Deed, Mortgage settlement sheet, Signed sales agreement, recent tax receipt)
• Parent/Legal Guardian photo identification (Driver’s License, non-drivers identification, passport, military identification)
• Report Card/Transfer Card/Transcript
• Name and address of previous school
• If appropriate to your child: most recent IEP, Agency letter of placement, or Court Order (Proof of Guardianship)