PA State Testing UpdateThe Pennsylvania Department of Education has been updating and sharing information regarding state assessments over the last several weeks. Below, please find important highlights regarding the current standing of state assessments.
Pennsylvania recently passed a new law which will delay the use of the Keystone Exams as a graduation requirement until the Class of 2023 (current high school 10th graders). Keystone Exams will not be a graduation requirement for the Class of 2021 or 2022.
Students who completed a Keystone exam-related course (English 10, Algebra, Biology) during the 2019-20 school year are not required to take the Keystone exams and shall be deemed proficient as long as the student has successfully passed the course with a final course grade of 60 percent or higher.
DTSD is required to administer all state exams for the 2020-2021 school year.
Detailed schedules will be provided by building administrators in the coming weeks while an overview is provided here:
- High School Keystone exams will be administered during what would traditionally be “finals week” at the high school. Students currently enrolled in Biology (including honors), Algebra I, and any 10th grade English course will be required to take the Keystone exams.
- Any Middle School student currently enrolled in Algebra I will be required to take the Algebra Keystone exam administered May 10 - 26 (please watch for detailed communication from the middle school administration).
- Students in grades 3 - 8 will be given the opportunity to take the PSSA assessment in person as follows:
- Elementary -
- ELA (Grades 3, 4, & 5) - May 17, 18, 19
- Math (Grades 3, 4, & 5) - May 20, 21
- Science (Grade 4) - May 24, 25
- Middle School - Parents will sign up for a date on a survey in the next few weeks. Tests will be administered in the summer. Parents wishing for their child to be tested should sign up for one of the appropriate test dates when the survey is sent out.
- ELA - (Grades 6, 7, & 8) - June 22 or July 20
- Math - (Grades 6, 7, & 8) - June 23 or July 21
- Science - (Grade 8) - June 24 or July 22