Kindergarten EnrollmentOverviewThe Early Childhood Center (ECC) is home to all of our district kindergarten classes. In order to enroll for kindergarten a child must turn 5 years of age prior to the first day of September of th upcoming school year.NOTE: The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania was recently changed. These changes will go into effect beginning in the 2020-2021 school year and will require all students to attend school no later than age 6 and until age 18 or graduation, whichever occurs sooner. These requirements will apply across Pennsylvania.Enrolling for kindergarten is a two-step process. The first step - “pre-enrollment” – entails parents/guardians completion of an on-line form.This form provides the district with important contact and demographic information needed to create the initial student record. Registration is not complete, however, until ALL required documentation has been received by the district. (This is most often completed at in-person kindergarten registration sessions.) Once a registration is complete and accepted, parents/guardians will receive an official confirmation from the district.Pre-EnrollmentPre-registration for Derry Township children who will be 5 years of age before September 1, 2020 and plan to attend kindergarten this coming fall is now open. To begin the on-line pre-enrollment process you will need to:• Create an account. You will be asked for a preferred language, first and last name of a guardian or parent, a commonly used phone number, a commonly used email address, an address and the creation of a username (login ID) and password. NOTE: If you have an existing DTSD Online Enrollment Account, you may use it; you do not need to create a new one.– Select "REGISTER NEW ACCOUNT" from the User Login box.– Be sure to make note of the username, email address and password for later use!• Log into the portal. Once in the portal, click on New Application and then click Go. You will need to supply some basic information.– When choosing a school year, choose the current school year (2019-2020). This will ensure your child's enrollment activates for the correct school year.– Select 06/4/2020 as the first day of school.– When choosing a grade, be sure to select "NEW Kindergarten Registration".– When supplying a phone number please list your most common/primary phone number via which you wish to be contacted (whether it be cellular or land line) as your "HOME" number.– Pay close attention to any Tool Tips (small flags will appear if you hover your mouse) as they provide instructions or details which will assist you throughout the process.– Please pay particular attention to the Address and Phone and Contact Information sections. You must click the + sign to open these sections so that you can add data.– Under "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" you will be asked to submit required information about home language usage. This data is required to be collected by all Pennsylvania public schools and will also be used by DTSD to help better serve you and your student.Enrollment
Completion of the pre-registration form DOES NOT complete the enrollment process.The district will be holding kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year at the Hershey Middle School (500 Homestead Road) in the Large Group Instruction room. (If you were unable to complete the pre-enrollment form on-line, technology will be available at the registration intake days.) Parents/guardians do not need to bring prospective kindergarten student(s) to the walk-in enrollment.Walk-in registration will be offered as follows:
- Students with last name beginning with A-I: Monday, February 24, 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Students with last name beginning with J-R: Tuesday, February 25, 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Students with last name beginning with S-Z: Wednesday, February 26, 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- For those unable to attend on assigned day: Thursday, February 27, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m
Parking will be available at front and side of the Middle School.At the walk-in registrations, parents and guardians MUST bring:– Driver’s license or some other form of identification for the parent or guardian
– Proof of residency such as: deed, lease, settlement documents, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill or vehicle registration– Child’s birth certificate or similar document (passport or baptismal certificate)– Physician’s record of child’s immunizations. (Learn more about Pennsylvania's School Children Immunization requirements)Additional documents which may be helpful to the District should you wish to provide:
– Court documents: Custody Agreements, Agency Letter of Placement, Temporary Protection from Abuse (PFA) order, or other court orders
– Most recent IEPIf you have any questions prior to the registration intake, you may contact the Early Childhood Center at (717) 531-2211 x6200/6201.