Course Selection ProcessOverview
In preparation for the 2021-2022 school year, Derry Township School District students currently in grades 8 through 11 will submit their course requests through the Home Access Center (HAC). Teachers will make course recommendations for your child in the system, review these recommendations with students prior to February 25, and lock their recommendations. Between February 25 and March 5, students will submit their course requests electronically through HAC. Students will not be able to submit course requests online after March 5. All requests made during the enrollment period will be given equal consideration. The directions to submit course requests online are listed below and posted under the Quick Links on the HHS website.
Educational Planning Guide• HHS Educational Planning GuideCourse Selection Forms
- Parents are encouraged to review student selections in HAC prior to the March 5 deadline.
- Students can only request courses that have been recommended by their teachers if the course requires a teacher recommendation or prerequisite.
- If students do not submit requests through HAC by March 5, school counselors will assign appropriate courses.
NOTE: Courses with Bld on the end are courses that are offered as Blended courses as well as everyday face to face course (ie. For 432Bld Spanish II, you can choose either 432 = the everyday course or 432BLD = the Blended course when you make your course selection in HAC.)Curriculum Night for Parents/Guardians - Virtual PresentationHAC Course Selection Process (Click on links to view instructional resources)• Directions for Submitting Course Requests through HAC (2021-2022) (PDF document)• Adding Course Requests (video)• Deleting Course Requests (video)• Alternate Course Requests (video)• Parent Viewing Course Requests (video)
- 9th Grade Course Selection Card
- 10th Grade Course Selection Card
- 11thGrade Course Selection Card
- 12th Grade Course Selection Card
Course Change Request Form
The Course Change Request Form will be available from January 19 - 26, 2021