Volunteer Certifications: PA Child Abuse History
The Child Abuse History Certification can be completed either online or by mail.
Submitting Your CertificationPlease submit all of the required documents to:
- As of Dec. 31, 2014, requests for clearance statements (now called “certifications”) may be made free-of-charge online. Effective July 25, 2015, the fee for volunteers seeking PA Child Abuse History and PA Criminal Record clearances will be waived by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The first thing you will do is to create a sign-on (Keystone ID). You will be asked for your Keystone ID #, this is a number that you created for yourself.
- The mail-in form must be completed and mailed to the Department of Public Welfare. (Click here to download the Child Abuse History Certification.) Please select “Volunteer” as the Reason for Request. Do not send cash or a personal check. This certification takes approximately 5 – 10 weeks and the results are mailed to your home.
- If you have your Child Abuse History Certification from another organization that was obtained less than one year from the current date, you may submit this document in lieu of completing a new application (provided the reason for the request indicated “School Employee or Volunteer”).
- In addition, the Child Abuse History Certification is only valid for five years (60months) from the date issued. In order to continue to volunteer in the District, you must renew your Child Abuse History Certification every five years from the date of issue.
- For questions related to the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification, please contact the ChildLine Verification Unit at 717-783-6211 or toll free at 1-877-371-5422.
Derry Township School District
30 East Granada Avenue
Hershey PA 17033
Attention: Human Resources Specialist