AP Exam Information
The Advanced Placement Program and Exams
With AP®, students can take college-level course work in high school. When students take AP courses and exams, they demonstrate to college admission officers that they have sought out an educational experience that will prepare them for success in college and beyond. Performing well on an AP Exam means more than just the successful completion of a course. Most colleges and universities accept successful exam scores for credit, advanced placement, or both. And research consistently shows that students who are successful in AP typically experience greater academic success in college than those who don’t participate in AP.
Below is the 2020-2021 AP Exam Testing Schedule:
Exam Registration Information:
- The exam registration window will be from October 5, 2020 to November 2, 2020.
- Exam fees: $95 per exam
- All payments must be submitted by 3pm on November 3, 2020. Checks should be made out to DTSD and turned into Mrs. Malik in the High School Counseling Office.
- CollegeBoard has waived the $40 cancellation fee for the 2020-21 school year.
- If students miss the deadline of November 2, 2020 there will be one more opportunity from February 15 - March 1 to register for exams.
Instructions for Exam Registration:
1. Student verifies they are registered in the appropriate class section(s) on Myap
2. Student completes & submits the registration form: AP Exam Registration Form
3. Student prints the emailed receipt provided to them after submitting the form
4. Student turns in printed receipt and a check made payable to DTSD no later than November 3, 2020