First/Last Day of School Video
Derry Township School District's Community Engagement Department is continuing the Back-to-School/End-of-year tradition for the 2023-2024 school year! For the first day of school, we invite parents to send us a photo of their student(s) on their first day. We have provided a sign you can use but also invited them to make their own!
We will be taking all of the submissions and compiling them into a video to be sent out on social media to our school community.
To make things easier for you, we have created DTSD "My First Day of" signs that you can print out from home for your first day. Feel free to make your own sign too! We love creativity.
Submission Link: Closed
Submission Information - Closed
- First-day photos for the video must be submitted to our online form by August 31. By submitting your photo, you grant the Derry Township School District permission to use your image online unless otherwise stated.
- Be sure to include your child's name and grade in the online form. Names will not be used in the video but will assist in organizing submissions.
- You do not have to use one of our signs to be in the video; however, please be mindful of what personal information is available in your photo.
- Only include your own children in your photo submission.
- Photos that have been edited with filters or text overlays may be cropped or a request made for resubmission.
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be incorporated into the video
- Create or print your sign with the appropriate first-day sign from our website (available on this page); take your first-day photo on August 21st; and then share your picture with your friends, family, and the District for a chance to see your student's smile featured in our annual first day of school video!
- To share your photo with us for our first day video, please complete the form found here