Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 is now open.
OverviewThe Early Childhood Center (ECC) is home to all of our district kindergarten classes. In order to enroll in kindergarten, a child must turn 5 years of age prior to the first day of September of the upcoming school year.NOTE: The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania was recently changed. These changes went into effect beginning in the 2020-2021 school year and will require all students to attend school no later than age 6 and until age 18 or graduation, whichever occurs sooner. These requirements will apply across Pennsylvania.Enrolling in kindergarten is a two-step process. The first step - “pre-enrollment” – entails parents/guardians' completion of an online form. This form provides the district with important contact and demographic information needed to create the initial student record. Registration is not complete, however, until ALL required documentation has been received by the district. (This is most often completed at in-person kindergarten registration sessions.) Once registration is complete and accepted, parents/guardians will receive official confirmation from the district.
Helpful Documents and Walk-throughs
- Step-by-step PowerPoint Presentation
- Step-by-step Video Walkthrough
- Online Registration for Parents New to the District
- Online Registration for Parents with ParentVUE Accounts
Need Assistance with Online Registration
- Technical assistance creating an account or issues accessing registration?
Contact the Technology Help Desk by emailing email@example.com
- Questions regarding the registration process?
Contact Beth Dzurko either by phone: 717-534-2501 ext. 3226 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completion of the pre-registration form DOES NOT complete the enrollment process.
To complete Kindergarten Registration, please contact the ECC office (717-531-2211) to set up an appointment. You can upload documents in advance of the onsite registration meeting, but please bring ALL required documents with your appointment. District Staff will be available to assist with reviewing and uploading documents. Registration through the ECC office will only be available until May 31, 2022. After May 31st, please contact central registration through the District Office, 717-534-2501 x3226.
We strongly encourage parents to complete registration as soon as possible and prior to August 12, 2022, in order to ensure that we have all that is required for students to start on the first day of school (August 22, 2022).
As a reminder, you must complete the pre-registration prior to making an appointment.For registration, parents and guardians MUST provide:– Driver’s license or some other form of identification for the parent or guardian
– Proof of residency such as deed, lease, settlement documents, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill orvehicle registration– Child’s birth certificate or similar document (passport or baptismal certificate)– Physician’s record of child’s immunizations. (Learn more about Pennsylvania's School Children Immunization requirements)Additional documents which may be helpful to the District should you wish to provide:
– Court documents: Custody Agreements, Agency Letter of Placement, Temporary Protection from Abuse (PFA) order, or other court orders
– Most recent IEPIf you have any questions prior to the registration intake, you may contact the Early Childhood Center at (717) 531-2211 x6200/6201.