COPPA Privacy Policies
In order for schools within Derry Township School District to continue to be able to provide your student with the most effective web-based tools and applications for learning, we need to abide by the federal regulations that require a parental signature as outlined below.
In order for our students to use these programs and services, certain personal information might be requested by the provider, such as a student’s name, a username, password, and sometimes a school email address. Under federal law entitled the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), these websites must provide parental notification and obtain parental consent before collecting student information from children under the age of 13. (For more information about COPPA, please visit COPPA's FAQ site).
With your acknowledgement, the law allows schools to create and manage student accounts, thereby eliminating the need to collect individual student information.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Early Childhood Center and Elementary School:
- Google Drive (3-5): https://www.google.com/drive/terms-of-service/
- Flocabulary (Grades 1-5): https://www.flocabulary.com/terms-of-use/
- Reflex (Grades 2-4): https://accounts.explorelearning.com/reflex/privacy
- Khan Kids (Grades K-1): https://www.khanacademy.org/about/tos
- Raz Plus/A-Z Learning (ESL): https://help.learninga-z.com/en/articles/7216595-privacy-policy
- SeeSaw (Grades 1-5): https://web.seesaw.me/terms-of-service/
- News2You (Special Education): https://www.n2y.com/privacy-policy/
- Keys2Work (Special Education): https://smartfutures.org/privacy.aspx
- EdPuzzle (Grades K-5): https://edpuzzle.com/terms#agreeing-terms
- Nearpod (Various Grades): https://nearpod.com/terms-conditions
- Junior Achievement (K-5) https://www.jascpa.org/policies
- Epic (K-5 School Hours only): https://www.getepic.com/privacy-educators
- Google Drive: https://www.google.com/drive/terms-of-service/
- Study Island: http://www.edmentum.com/privacy-policy
- Nearpod: https://nearpod.com/terms-conditions
- Kidblog: https://kidblog.org/home/terms-of-service/
- Flipgrid: https://legal.flipgrid.com/
- Flocabulary: https://www.flocabulary.com/terms-of-use/
- Actively Learn: https://www.activelylearn.com/terms
- Arstonia: https://www.artsonia.com/terms/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/about/tos
- EdPuzzle: https://edpuzzle.com/terms#agreeing-terms
High School: (18 and Under)