The Derry Township School District Transportation Department’s mission is to provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation to all of the students in our care. Ensure that all vehicles utilized to transport the students in our care are safe, maintained and are a reliable source of transportation.
Our vision -
- To create an environment that makes our students feel inspired and relevant.
- To seek continuous improvement and encourage innovation.
- To promote a safe and secure environment for students and employees.
- To embrace change and new technology with a positive mindset.
- To be financially responsible for our school district and community.
- To make the Transportation Department a place where our employees are proud to work and feel supported.
The district transports approximately 3,150 public school students each day to and from school. In addition, the transportation department provides transportation for approximately 450 sporting events and 155 instructional trips annually. The Derry Township School District Transportation personnel safely negotiates approximately 440,000 miles annually to accomplish the district's transportation needs. The District's 64 transportation and maintenance vehicles are maintained and serviced at the transportation facility shared with the Township of Derry. The Transportation Department’s mission is to provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation to all of the students in our care. Ensure that all vehicles utilized to transport the students in our care are safe, maintained and are a reliable source of transportation.
Derry Township School District buses are equipped with cameras. Activity on school buses is recorded using audio and video equipment.
Steve Bell, Director of Transportation
As Director of Transportation and Garage Operations, Mr. Bell is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of public and non-public students to and from school and for transportation provided for instructional field trips, and sporting events.
Mr. Bell is also responsible for the maintenance of all district vehicles and equipment, and reports to the district’s superintendent.